100 N. Walnut Street
100 N. Walnut Street was built in 1887 from a design by Hiram J. Nichols. In 1915 it was remodeled as the home of the Monroe County State Bank and examples of the beautiful limestone details found throughout Monroe County and surrounding counties were added to the Walnut Street facade. Edwin C. Doeppers was the architect for the remodel. The basement, though closed to the public, still contains the mammoth vaults built by the bank.