Chicago & Bloomington Stone Company
The quarry produced both buff and blue stone of good quality. There were three steam channeling machines, three steam derricks and two steam drills. The Monon Railroad had a track to the quarry.
The company opened the Johnson Quarry in 1903 and built a mill in 1904. By 1927, after consolidation in the quarrying industry, the mill was known as the Johnson Mill of the Bloomington Limestone Company. Located near the junction of Fairfax Road and Dillman Road, the mill had disappeared by the 1940's.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="39.091991" lon="-86.520851" zoom="17" width="300" height="200"> </googlemap>