Second Baptist Church
The Second Baptist Church was designed by Samuel Plato of Marion, Indiana and built in 1913. The Indianapolis News called it 'one of the most beautiful church buildings in the state of Indiana'. The church is located on the southwest corner of 8th and Rogers Streets.
It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.
Rev. Moses M. Porter was the congregation's pastor at the time the church was built. Plato, who was also a contractor, had previously erected a house for Porter in Mitchell, Ind.
News from Round About, Indianapolis News, 1913-06-14, page 6
Mitchell Commercial, 1906-11-01, page 3