Cabaret et al
About Cabaret et al
Cabaret et al an ensemble driven performance piece combining music, art, dance & theatre. Employing the motto Think Globally Cabaret Locally. The project is a fund rasier for the Amethyst House, INC. located in Bloomington IN, & is meant to serve as a tribute to [[Wikipedia:Cabaret|Cabaret's] past & its current revitalization within punk, folk & GLBT culture.
Cabaret et al hopes to inspire & create. The first act is a unauthorized biography of Cabaret's History starting in France & Germany through to American jazz clubs with a slight post-punk cabaret twist & the second act is devoted to Drag Cabaret & Punk Cabaret. The show includes original music, art & poetry along with jazz favorites from , Kurt Weill Cole Porter, Astrud Gilberto & Duke Ellington with music from New Wave bands like Joy Division  & Spain's Cabaret Tragico & a stunning Tableaux Vivantsthat tells a story of Passion.
Cabaret et al is in pre-production & is currently looking for funding & support.
Cabaret et al Production Team
- Writer/Director of Cabaret et al: Jada B
- Fund Raising Committee: Bethany Terry, Jennie Woolf, Anat Journo, Amy Bedford, & Amy Alterman
- Event Planning Committee: Sara Hawkins, Michelle Hartz & Emily Simmerman
- Website Tech & Ad Designer: Anna Saraceno
- Choreographer: Matt Wisely