Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Early Day Miners
Early Day Miners is an ambient, post-rock unit from Bloomington. The core of this musical collective includes Ativin's Dan Burton and Rory Leitch, along with their mutual friend Joe Brumley. They are produced by Secretly Canadian.
In 2009 the band released a new album, The Treatment. One reviewer wrote, After years of building gorgeous and sprawling guitar rock epics, EDM has trimmed their sound into shorter, tighter songs with a decidedly pop edge to them.
The collective's third full-length 2003 release, Jefferson At Rest, had Burton sharing engineering duties with several prominent independent artists, including Cheree Jetton (The Pilot Ships, Bees Are Black) and David Pajo (Slint, Papa M).
- Placer Found (April 2, 2000 release via Western Vinyl)
- Stateless EP (Jan 22, 2002 release via Great Vitamin Mystery)
- Let Us Garlands Bring (May 7, 2002 release via Secretly Canadian)
- Jefferson At Rest (April 22, 2003 release via Secretly Canadian)
- All Harm Ends Here (Jan 18, 2005 release via Secretly Canadian)
- Offshore (Aug 22, 2006 release via Secretly Canadian)
- Treatment (September 2009 release via Secretly Canadian)
- Dan Burton - Vocal
- Matt Griffin - Drums
- Joseph Brumley - Guitar
- Jonathan Richardson - Bass guitar
- Matt Lindblom - Bass guitar
- Maggie Polk - Violin