Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
The oldest part of Joseph Amos Franklin Hall, at 601 E. Kirkwood Avenue, was designed by Patton & Miller and completed in 1907. At that time Maxwell Hall, originally a library, was made the home of the Law School. A major addition to the building was designed by Robert Frost Daggett and completed in the 1920's. In 1972, after the main library was built, it was renamed the Student Services Building, and later renamed after Franklin in 1988. Franklin Hall and Bryan Hall flank the Sample Gates near the intersection of Kirkwood Avenue and Indiana Avenue on the west side of campus.
The building, while still serving as the library, was damaged by fire in 1969.