Granger & Bollenbacher
The Chicago architectural firm of Granger & Bollenbacher was formed in October of 1925 when Elmo Cameron Lowe left the firm of Lowe, Granger & Bollenbacher to open an independent office. The two remaining partners were Alfred Hoyt Granger and Bloomington native John Carlisle Bollenbacher. Granger & Bollenbacher designed the original part of the Indiana Memorial Union and the Administration Building (Bryan Hall) on the Indiana University Campus.
Elsewhere, the firm designed the First Methodist Episcopal Church, in Gary, Indiana. Built in 1926, the church building contained shops and stores in addition to the usual religious spaces. The building is in an advanced state of decay currently and is often featured in 'ruin porn'.
The firm also designed the office building for the Indiana Limestone Company in Bedford, Indiana in 1927.
Granger & Bollenbacher dissolved after Bollenbacher's death in 1939 and a former partner, John O. Merrill, joined Skidmore & Owings to create Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.