Reed Quarries is a longtime quarry in the Hunter Valley. Founded around 1870, the quarry has been in the Reed family for seven generations. The founder was David Reed, and the current president is Steve Reed, Jr.
The Reed Quarry near Clear Creek was organized in 1887. It included a saw mill with four gang saws, six machines and four derricks. It had an output of 800 cars per year. Stone from this quarry was used in the Chicago Public Library, Chicago University, and the Cook County Jail.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="39.191287" lon="-86.551151" zoom="15" width="300"> </googlemap>