|Years:||1884 1885 1886 – 1887 – 1888 1889 1890|
Significant events from 1887.
- James A. Russell is accidentally shot by James D. Dillman, in Dillman's room on 6th Street above Dunn's.
- 4th - Two buildings suffer bad fires. The poor asylum is burned to the ground, and the Bollenbacher Spoke Factory is badly damaged and much stock lost.
- 8th - A bad trainwreck occurs on the Louisville, New Albany & Chicago railroad, on the Horseshoe Bend between Harrodsburg and Bedford. A speeding heavy locomotive smashes into the rear of a local train. Four people are seriously injured and several thousand dollars of poperty is damaged.
- Leroy Sanders and C. L. Stinehagen buy the saddler shop of William F. Reed.
- John W. Craven, part-owner of the Banner Clothing store, is elected County School Superintendent by the county trustees.