Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
William Alfred Cook
William Alfred Cook (January 27, 1931 - April 15, 2011), commonly known as Bill Cook, is the founder of Cook Group and its subsidiaries and one of the wealthiest people in the world. He graduated from Northwestern University and was also an Army surgical technician. Later he became a hypodermic-needle salesman before starting Cook Group in 1963 from his Bloomington apartment. Married to Gayle Cook, one son Carl Cook.
- Current net worth: $3.1 billion
- 101st weathiest person in the United States in 2011.
- Weathiest person in Indiana.
He was a 1983 inductee into the Monroe County Hall of Fame on which his plaque reads "Industrialist, philanthropist, owner of Cook Inc., multi-national corporation historic preservationist, restored many Bloomington landmarks including Graham Plaza, Monon Depot. Major benefactor of the Monroe County YMCA."
On April 15th, 2011 he died in his home at the age of 80. Up until his death he was still actively working at Cook.
- Hypodermic-needle salesman
- Army Surgical Technician
- Chicago Taxi Driver
- Indiana University William and Gayle Cook Music Library
- Star of Indiana and drum corps in general
- West Baden Springs Hotel
- Willian and Gayle Cook Endowment for the Monroe County History Center
- Bloom Magazine, December 2006/January 2007
- Entry on wikipedia
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2008 #227 (9 way tie) - 4.5 billion
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2006 #214 (7 way tie) - 3.2 billion
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2005 #170 - 3.2 billion
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2004 #147
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2003 #104
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2002 #413
- Forbes World's Wealthiest People 2001 #452
- The Bill Cook Story: Ready, Fire, Aim! by Bob Hammel
- New billionaire tops Forbes rich list; where does Bill Cook rank? - 2010-03-11, Herald Times