Woodgate is a housing development located near Ellettsville, but still within Bloomington's address area. It started being built in 1995 and now is finishing up phase 4. All the houses where developed by Maefield Development, a company based out of San Francisco.
- The neighborhood association plans semi-annual neighborhood garage sales that are very popular.
- The neighborhood is very popular for Halloween and draws visitors from all over the area.
- Starting in 2008 and running through most of 2009, Smithville Telephone/Smithville Digital began laying fiber optic cables throughout the neighborhood as part of its fiber to the home project.
- Beginning in 2009, the Home Owner's Association created a website to post information, documents, covenants, events, news, pictures, and board member contact information. Visit [hhttp://www.woodgatebtownhoa.com http://www.woodgatebtownhoa.com] for more information.
The following roads are located in or border Woodgate.
- Ashcroft Lane
- Boheny Drive
- Cansler Lane
- Conti Court
- Dresden Court
- Harrington Street (North entrance)
- Maefield Drive (Front entrance)
- Mary Ellis Street
- Ridgemoor Court (Back entrance)
- Shadow Wood Drive (North entrance)
- Silverthorn Street
- White River Drive