Gentry Brothers Circus
The Gentry Brothers Circus began as a dog show produced by Henry Gentry for the first time in 1887. Going on the road as far away as Texas, by 1890 the show had grown to more than 50 dogs, and Gentry's three brothers joined the business, which became known as the Gentry Brothers Dog and Pony Show. After adding additional circus fare such as tightrope walkers, clowns, and acrobats, the name was changed to the Gentry Brothers Circus and featured four separate touring shows that traveled by train across North America. The winter quarters for the circus were on south Rogers Street where the RCA buildings later rose. At its peak, the site was home to more than 1200 animals.