Bloomington Hospital is the primary public hospital for the Bloomington area. It first opened on November 29th, 1905 with only 10 beds and has upgraded its facilities many times since.
An early hospital was designed by Alfred Grindle in 1919. A photo is available at the Monroe County History Center web site. This hospital has been demolished.
601 W. Second Street
Bloomington, Indiana 47403
PO Box 1149
Bloomington, Indiana 47402
General Information (812) 336-6821
TDD/TTY (812) 353-9212
Patient Numbers (812) 353-9411
There are two ATMs located near the main entrance, one for the IU Credit Union and one for Monroe Bank.