Lakes, reservoirs, river, streams, creeks, fountains and just about any resource that is wet.
A timeline of Bloomington’s most significant water achievements <ref> "Water System Capital Improvement Plan". City of Bloomington Utilities (January 2003). Retrieved on December 3, 2008. </ref> follows:
- 1818 Monroe County founded
- 1860 Cisterns built on Courthouse Square and contaminated by human and animal wastes.
- 1885 Courthouse well drilled 2,670 feet – dry
- 1891 Water Franchise established
- 1892 Upper Twin Lake built
- 1893 Twin Lakes WTP constructed
- 1894 Twin Lakes WTP placed on line
- 1898 Plant sold to City
- 1899 Plant shut down due to lack of water
- 1902 Plant shut down due to lack of water
- 1905 Lower Twin Lake built
- 1909 Weimer (Wapehani) Lake built
- 1911 University Lake built
- 1915 Leonard Springs Lake built
- 1922 Plant shut down three days per week due to lack of water
- 1924 Private water company formed
- 1925 Griffy Lake built and Griffy WTP begins operation
- 1939 City buys back water company
- 1953 Lake Lemon built
- 1954 Griffy WTP expanded
- 1965 Lake Monroe built
- 1967 Monroe WTP placed on line
- 1990 Monroe WTP expanded
- 1996 Griffy WTP retired
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Water Features"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.