WFHB Community Radio
Frequency: 91.3 FM, 98.1 FM Bloomington, 100.7 FM Nashville, 106.3 FM Ellettsville
108 W 4th Street
Bloomington, IN 47404
Geocoordinates: Map from Google Website: http://www.wfhb.org/
Station Manager: Mark Lowe
WFHB is a community radio station broadcasting from downtown Bloomington. Its callsign, which stands for Fire House Broadcasting, reflects the old firehouse in which the station is located. It is Indiana's first community radio station and has over 14,000 listeners per week. It broadcasts music, news, public affairs and events. Recently it partnered with the city of Bloomington to provide dedicated Spanish language programming on Friday nights.
Started in 1993. Moved into the old firehouse in 1994. WFHB launched their new website using a content management system on December 26th, 2006. WFHB completed two new translators for the Nashville (100.7 FM) and Ellettsville (106.3 FM) areas on September 1st, 2007.
In addition to normal music programming, WFHB creates a lot of original programming.
Board of Directors
This is a very incomplete list of current volunteers
Other People of Note Involved with The Station
- Brian Kearney (aka Marv Foley) - First General Manager and part of the original group that took WFHB from an idea to a reality
- Jeff Morris (aka SunDog) - Engineer for the station, ensures all the equipment functions properly, also part of the original group
- Jonathan Coke - The second General Manager of the station
- Roscoe Medlock - Tireless sub, fills in for open shifts regardless of time
- Piney Woods - hosted the popular Piney Woods Blues Party in the mid 1990s
- Sarah Flint - the volunteer who conceived of the Youth Radio program, which trains young people (early teens to high school age) to put on their own radio shows
- Tom Visnius - host of The Farmer's Jam who assisted greatly with WFHB's information technology needs
- Stephen Charlesworth - show host from the mid-1990s and "Beat Party" semi-regular