- After being an eyesore on the west side for about 10 years, the old Shell gas station at the corner of Curry Pike and 3rd Street was torn down.
- Bloomingpedia now requires e-mail validation on accounts if users wish to edit pages or upload images.
- The Red Cross Ride for the Red takes place.
- At 5pm a strong thunderstorm blew through Bloomington with very strong winds that knocked over many trees.
- Another series of thunderstorms slams Indiana. Microbursts on South SR 45 caused significant damage to homes and structures and uprooted several trees.