Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Nichols & Son
John Nichols and Bridge Nichols formed the architectural firm of Nichols & Son in early 1906 and practiced together until Bridge's untimely death in February 1911. The firm prospered early in its existence, especially in the boom year of 1907, when it had several large projects. After the Panic of 1907 in October business came to a standstill. There are no projects listed for the firm in the construction press of 1908 and only a few residential projects for 1909.
The following projects are attributed to Nichols & Son:
Davis Residence, west side of the 800 block of N. College, 1906 (no longer standing)
310 S. Rogers Street, circa 1906
Margaret McCalla Elementary School, 525 E. Ninth Street, 1907
Gentry Building, south west corner of College and Kirkwood, 1907 (destroyed by fire)
Arthur Allen bungalow, 617 S. Fess Ave., 1909
Poling bungalow, 600 E. University, 1909
William W. Black residence, 914 E. Atwater Ave., 1909
Frank Mathers Residence, 419 N. Indiana Ave., 1910
Miller Bungalow, 515 S. Park Ave., 1910
430 E. Second Street, circa 1910
527 E. Seventh Street, circa 1910
Church of Christ, north east corner of 4th and Lincoln, 1910 (demolished)
It is impossible to determine which architect is primarily responsible for any given design.
The name Nichols & Sons was previously used in Bloomington in the 1880's by H. J. Nichols and his sons John and Mort Nichols.