This page is just here to keep track of some Bloomingpedia milestone articles, edits, users and so on. Some of these statistics require direct access to the database.
The Mediawiki software seems to have some problems with counting articles. The best way to track new article numbering is to use the Special:PageCreateOrder extension Special:PageCreateOrder.
Note: In June of 2006, several articles where moved out of the main namespace to the Bloomingpedia namespace. This caused all milestones earlier than the 800th article to be off by a certain amount when viewed on the Special:PageCreateOrder page. By as much as 17 places. Some articles may be moved to a new name, also causing other article's appearent rank to be changed. These milestones represent the first article to reach the Xth spot, regardless of whether the rank of an article decreased due to an article being moved.
|Nth article||Created||Delta time||Article||Who created article|
|1st article||2005-07-18||0 day||Bloomingpedia (of course)|
|50th article||2005-08-06||19 days||The Book Nook||User:Chrobb|
|100th article||2005-08-15||9 days||The Taste of Bloomington||User:Chrobb|
|200th article||2006-02-04||173 days||Tri-North Middle||User:Ceeller|
|300th article||2006-02-21||17 days||Finelight||User:Ceeller|
|400th article||2006-03-08||15 days||Hamid Maidi||User:Chrobb|
|500th article||2006-03-17||9 days||Tracks Music & Videos||User:Fjanis|
|600th article||2006-05-10||54 days||Jon Konrath||User:Mark|
|700th article||2006-05-30||20 days||1974||User:Ceeller|
|800th article||2006-06-23||24 days||June 11||User:Jkonrath|
|900th article||2006-07-12||19 days||Hoagy Carmichael||User:Mark|
|1000th article||2006-07-12||13 hours||1856||User:Ceeller|
|1500th article||2007-01-14||184 days||Nomad Buffet||User:Chris|
|2000th article||2007-08-06||204 days||Teletron||User:Benfulton|
|2500th article||2008-06-23||322 days||Sonic||User:Jmz668|
|3000th article||2009-10-27||491 days||Henry Eller||User:Benfulton|
- 50th user - 2006-02-13 User:Dslatter
- 100th user - 2006-03-08 User:Kqepce (unfortunately, a spammer)
- 150th user - 2006-04-27 User:Ding
- 200th user - 2006-07-17 User:I08u
- 300th user - 2006-10-03 User:Mhelmsin
- 400th user - 2006-12-28 User:Fischerspooner
- 500th user - 2007-03-22 User:Ziphoward
- 600th user - 2007-05-03 User:Trooper
- 700th user - 2007-08-08 User:Alice Wolfson
- At least one edit a day from February 6th, 2006 til May 16th, 2006 (99 days, cut short by server crash), and from May 17th, 2006 through September 7th, 2006 (114 days). And from September 9th, 2006 through November 15th, 2007 (441 days).
- Record edits in a day 598 (February 12th, 2006) [note, this excludes July 18th, 2006, which had 937 edits while setting up the wiki).
- In September 2006, Bloomingpedia received 5,393 unique visitors, making it the first month to break the 5000 unique visitor barrier.
- In October 2006, Bloomingpedia received 7,020 unique visitors, 305,034 hits, 589 average unique visitors per day and 2GB worth of traffic. Breaking all the records for visits.
- On August 31st, 2007 at around 2pm, Bloomingpedia passed the 10,000 unique visitors in a month milestone for the first time.
- Mark Krenz was waiting for the day to come when someone that he worked with found out about it through means other than him telling them. That finally happened on 2006-09-19 when Rob Dorocke found it when searching for something Bloomington related on Google.