Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Bloomington High School North
Bloomington High School North (BHSN) is Bloomington's second-largest high school, and is located on Kinser Pike in the north of the city. The school's principal is Jeff Henderson, and its mascot is the cougar. The school colors are maroon and gold. Approximate student enrollment is 1400 for the 2006-2007 school year.
Principal Dennis Martin retired in 1995.
- 3901 N. Kinser Pike
- Bloomington, IN 47404
It's Great to be a Cougar! The slogan is spoken each morning at the end of the daily announcements.
Alumni Limestone Signs
We recognize and honor the following Alumni of the school who made the significant contribution of donating the Limestone signs located at the school entrance on Kinser Pike and inside the fence of the Football field, west entrance gate. These alumni and friends volunteered their time for over three years, to supply materials, design the lettering, carve, haul, deliver, and set these 3000 pound Limestone Signs.
- Julie Bennett '74
- Berit Brewer '77
- William W. Buck '74
- Daniel Bybee '74
- Bill Hanna, Jr '74
- Kent MacPherson '74
- Mike Tabereaux '76
- Carol Corbin Whaley & David Whaley (BHS'72) of Whaley Construction
- For the school’s 25th Anniversary, the fall of 1997, the (Indiana Bybee) Limestone Sign at the entrance was set in place, to proudly mark the existence of our school
- For the 1996 Football field dedication this (Indiana Bybee) Limestone Sign was designed in honor and memory of Dennis Martin, who passed away the previous year, our former principal, who started as assistant principal upon the opening of BHSN the fall of 1972
Alumni Web Site
All current Class Reunion plans, the Memorial to deceased classmates and faculty/staff, and other useful information for Alumni, has been available for over 20 years. Find Bloomington High School North Alumni on Facebook for more information.
Cougar Wall of Fame and other Famous Alumni
In 2006, the BHSN parent organization Cougars for Better Education , which was founded 10 years prior, started the Cougar Wall of Fame, with nomination by application, which recognizes and honors alumni of BHS North and the schools that consolidated into BHS North upon opening in 1972. Honorees inducted and other famous Alumni include:
- Rusty Joe Fishel - 1974
- Michael Kinser - 1975
- Terry Stotts - 1976
- Berit Brewer - 1977
- David Snyder - 1978
Cougar Fight Song
- Hail to the conquering Northmen
- Hail to the glorious victors
- Hail Indiana's finest
- Hail Cougars Hail
- Cheer all you Cougars proudly
- Cheer with your voices loudly
- Cheer, cheer the stars of North
- Fight on to victory
- Hey Hey Hey Fight Cougars Beat 'em
- Hey Hey Hey Cougars will Defeat 'em
- Go Go Go right in
- Fight Fight Fight to win
- Go Right In - Fight To Win
- Team Team Team (repeat)