Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Bloomington Transit operates the green and white busses seen around Bloomington. Regular fare is $1.00. They also offer a service for people with disabilities called BT Access, which is operated using vans with wheel chair access.
Bloomington Transit was announced winner of the 2010 American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Award for transportation systems with less than 4 million annual ridership.
- 1 North - Fee Lane / BHS North
- 1 South - South Walnut/Arbor Glen
- Major stops of the #1 South are IU Law School, Sample Gates, 4th and Washington, Bloomington High School South, Barclay Square Apartments, Brandon Court Apartments, Summit Pointe Apartments, Timber Ridge Apartments, Winslow Ridge Apartments, and Arbor Glen Apartments, and Clear Creek Shopping Center.
- 2 South - South Rogers / Countryview
- 2 West - 11th Street via Showers Complex
- 3 East - College Mall / Bradford Place
- 3 West - Highland Village /Curry Pike
- 4 South - High Street / Sherwood Oaks
- 4 West - Bloomfield Road / Heatherwood
- Route 5 - Sare Road
- 6 - Campus Shuttle
- The #6 runs along 10th Street and 7th Street connecting the west side and east side of Bloomington with heavy emphasis on student commuters. Major stops include: Colonial Crest Apartments, Smallwood Plaza Apartments, Indiana Memorial Union, Wells Library, Eigenmann Hall, Fountain Park Apartments, Meadow Park Apartments, Bradford Place Apartments, Knightridge Apartments
- 7 - Henderson/Walnut Express
- 8 - Eastside Local
- 9 - IU Campus/College Mall/Campus Corner
- The #9 route circles IU campus and then heads out on 46 to visit major apartment complexes near College Mall.
- Google Map