Bloomington has its foundation in providing strong educational resources.
List of Schools
Classes from other sources
Day Care / Preschool
Classes were being taught as far back as 1818. Originally based in the log courthouse, the teacher was possibily Addison Smith. The next summer a log schoolhouse was built not far from where the County Female Seminary later stood. A few years later, there was another log schoolhouse and a new brick school as well.
In 1863 a high school was established with principal D.E. Hunter, with classes taking place in an old tannery, and later the Center Schoolhouse, a frame building on 7th Street between Lincoln Street and Grant Street, was started. In 1875 the tannery was replaced by a new high school.